The Threefold Order of the Resurrection of the Righteous
by Jack W. Langford
It takes a lot to impress Gary Stearman and this book comes with his highest recommendation. This study by Jack Langford focuses on a long-neglected intimidating passage of Scripture, even to many pastors. In I Corinthians 15:20-28 the Apostle Paul provides us with a blueprint of the resurrection of the righteous. The saved of Earth will not all be resurrected at the same time and in the same event. Paul revealed three different “orders” of resurrection at three different times and in three different events!
Jack shows us how God required all Israel to appear before Him three times a a year for the three “Harvest Feasts.” These three “Harvest Feasts” were designed to teach an important Scriptural lesson on the rapture of the Church and the resurrection of the saints. In three matching phases!
Jack also includes a chapter on “The Restrainer” of II Thessalonians 2:1-12. Is it an angel? or the Holy Spirit?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. INTRODUCTION- The Resurrection Hope Promotes Godliness
2. Preliminary Information- Two Kinds of Resurrection
3. Preparatory Verses- The Feasts- God’s Timetable
4. The First Order- Christ; The Firstfruits
5. The Second Order- Afterwards, those who are Christ’s
6. The Second Order- The Wave-Loaves at Pentecost
7. The Third Order (A)- Then the end . . . when death is abolished
8. The Third Order (B)- Then the End . . . when He delivers the kingdom
9. A Secondary Application- A Secondary Spiritual Application
A. Israel’s Sacred Year Calendar
B. The Appointed Times of the Lord
C. The Threefold Order of the Resurrection of the Righteous
D. The Future “Week of Prophecy
E. The Crowning Victory and Exaltation of Christ
F. Subduing Death in Victory at the Rapture
G. The Crowning Victory and Exaltation of Christ
H. Satan’s Subjugation in Three Successive Stages