Shall Never Perish Forever: Is Salvation Forever Or Can It be Lost?
by Dennie M. Rokser
If you have put your trust in Jesus Christ and His finished work alone to save you, is your salvation eternal and secure? Or can eternal life be lost, given back, or forfeited? Are believers in Christ on divine probation with their destiny uncertain, or will God’s grace and power keep them saved forever? These are the crucial questions which SHALL NEVER PERISH FOREVER asks and answers from the Bible in clear and concise terms. The book contains 32 chapters of varying length, consisting of 5 major sections: (1) “Identifying the Issues” of what eternal security does and does not teach; (2) persuasive “Scriptural Support” for this controversial but crucial teaching; (3) a thorough explanation regarding the “Absolute Assurance” of eternal salvation and why some people don’t have it and reject eternal security; (4) a warning of the serious “Consequences of Carnality” in a believer’s life and how to have assurance and victory in Christ; and (5) “Probing the Perplexing Passages” that are used by some to deny eternal security (over 40 passages are analyzed and answered).
SHALL NEVER PERISH FOREVER is not a boring book of dry theology but is written from a pastor’s heart while interacting with the text of Scripture, using down-home illustrations, tackling perplexing passages, utilizing helpful charts, and making practical applications and appeals to the reader. SHALL NEVER PERISH FOREVER has strong endorsements from leaders of several evangelical ministries. If you are unsure of your eternal salvation and want to know with certainty that you are going to Heaven when you die, or if you are a relatively new believer in Jesus Christ as Savior and need to become established in the faith, or if you’ve been a carnal Christian and want to find your way back to fellowship with God, or if you have struggled with life-long addictions and need a firm foundation for assurance and practical victory, or if you have known and grown in Christ for a number of years and need further encouragement and edification, SHALL NEVER PERISH FOREVER will greatly help you by clearly and faithfully explaining God’s Word on this crucial subject.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Laying the Groundwork
- Defining Our Terms
- Does It Really Matter What You Believe About Eternal Security?
- No Weak Links in God’s Chain
- The Final Verdict in God’s Righteous Courtroom
- Does God Have a Daisy Theology?
- Kept By the Power of God
- The Only True Promise Keeper
- It is Finished
- An Offer You Dare Not Refuse
- A Double Negative Worth Knowing
- God’s Answers to Jesus Christ’s Prayers
- Does Eternal Salvation Depend Upon Your Faithfulness or Christ’s?
- A Seal That Cannot Be Broken
- A Few More Verses to Catch Your Eye
- Can You Know For Sure?
- Evidences and Examples of Assurance
- Why Do People Lack the Absolute Assurance of Eternal Salvation?
- Why Do People Object To Eternal Security?
- If You Can’t Lose Eternal Salvation, What Can You Lose? Part 1
- If You Can’t Lose Eternal Salvation, What Can You Lose? Part 2
- By Their Fruits You Will Know Them (Matthew 7:15-23)
- Have You Committed the Unpardonable Sin? (Matthew 12:31-32)
- Can a Believer Fall Away? (Hebrews 6)
- The Warning of the Consequences of Willful Sin (Hebrew 10:26-30)
- The Latter End is Worse Than the Beginning (2 Peter 2:20)
- Do You Fear Your Name Being Blotted Out? (Revelation 3:5)
- Will You Have An Inheritance in the Kingdom of God? (I Corinthians 6:9-11)
- Will God Take Away Your Part in the Book of Life? (Revelation 22:17-19)
- Can a Believer Practice Sin and Be Truly Born Again? (I John 3:9)
- What About That Verse In …
- A Conclusion and Closing Invitation