Patterns of Evidence: Exodus- A Filmmaker’s Journey- BOOK
by Timothy P. Mahoney with Steven Law
Filmmaker Tim Mahoney had one important question: Did the Exodus Story as written in the Bible really happen? According to most scholars today, the answer is a resounding “NO!” Many would say it is just a myth, a fairy tale. For over 1,500 years western civilization accepted the truth of the Bible. After the 1950s, however, skepticism grew when archaeologists found mounting evidence that appeared to contradict the early history of the Bible. Today the skepticsim has only increased. Enter author and researcher, Timothy Mahoney, the producer of the new film that came VERY QUIETLY to theaters several months ago, Patterns of Evidence is a film that blows up the close-knit community of Bible archaeology and turns every pre-conceived belief about the Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt on it’s ear! It verifies the biblical miracle!
Shaken by opinions from skeptics, Mahoney decided to tackle this issue with a deliberate scientific approach. After identifying key details in the biblical text, he embarked on a 12-year journey across the globe, traveling to the very locations the biblical events are said to have happened, to see firsthand whether there is evidence for the Exodus or not.
After interviewing some of the world’s leading archaeologists, he comes to a profound question: What if the experts have been looking for evidence in the wrong time period? The result is one of the most revealing and in-depth investigations into the Exodus ever captured in print and on film, one that allows you to come to your own conclusions about an amazing pattern of evidence and what it might mean for today. After viewing the film in the theater, Gary and Bob sat in stunned silence. Mahoney nailed it! Here’s the amazing contents of this 392-page masterpiece—a beautiful hardback book loaded with dozens and dozens of color pictures. This book is an absolute heirloom and a bargain at twice the price. You will discover some shocking things in Patterns of Evidence that surprised even Gary Stearman! You’re going to see some archaeological treasures never seen by modern man before.
Be sure to order the normal DVD, or the Blu-Ray DVD, or even the soundtrack—all coming very soon in our online bookstore. There will also be two other related books and DVDs posted in the bookstore shortly.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
INTRODUCTION: THE BACKSTORY
1. My Personal Journey
2. A Brief Overview of the Exodus Story
3. The Journey From Idea to Film
ASKING THE BIG QUESTION
CHANGE OF PLANS
INVESTIGATING WITH THE STANDARD APPROACH
1. Off to Egypt
2. The Wall of Time: Understanding Egypt’s History
3. The Ramesses Exodus Theory
4. Crisis: A Turning Point
ADOPTING A NEW APPROACH
1. Who Was the Pharaoh of the Exodus?
EVIDENCE OF ARRIVAL
1. The City Beneath Ramesses
2. Joseph: Search for a Semitic High Ruler
3. Pharaoh’s Dream and Joseph’s Famine Policy
4. The Rise of Pharaoh’s Power
5. The Egyptian Tomb of Joseph
6. Shechem: A Place of Conflict and Promise
7. A Lesson From the Life of Joseph
8. Arrival Summary and Timeline
STEP TWO AND THREE: EVIDENCE OF MULTIPLICATION AND SLAVERY
1. Multiplication: Semitic Growth at Avris
2. Music in the Mix
3. Multiplication and Expansion in the Nile Delta
4. Slavery: Mudbricks and Tomb Inscriptions
5. Slavery Clues at Avaris?
6. Israelite Slaves on an Egyptian Papyrus
7. Multiplication and Slavery Summary and Timeline
STEP FOUR: EVIDENCE OF JUDGMENT
1. The Ten Plagues
2. Visualizing the Ancient Story
3. Death of the Firstborn
4. Celebrating Passover
5. To Budapest With Love
6. Aftermath of the Plagues: Egypt’s Devastation
7. The Admonitions of an Egyptian Sage: The Ipuwer Papyrus
8. Objections to an Ipuwer-Exodus Connection
CHALLENGING THE RAMESSES-EXODUS THEORY
1. Devastating Judgment at the Time of Ramesses?
2. Conquest of Canaan at the Time of Ramsses?
3. A Defense of the Ramesses Date
4. Discovering a Second Exodus Date
5. The Case Agaist Ramesses Builds
6. Was Ramesses’ Son the Pharaoh of the Exodus
7. Merneptah Stele: The First Mention of Israel in Egypt
8. Berlin Pedestal: An Even Earlier Mention of Israel
9. The Shepherds of God
10. Moving Beyond the Ramesses Exodus Theory
11. Reestablishing the Bible’s Timeline
STEP FIVE: EVIDENCE OF THE EXODUS
1. Abandonment at Avarice
2. Another Abandonment: Kahun
3. The Only Collapse of Egyptian Power in 1,000 Years
4. Judgment and Exodus Summary and Timeline
1. We Do Many Archaeologists Reject the Timeline?
2. Jericho: Did the Walls Come Tumbling Down?
3. Further Intrigue at Jericho
4. Hazor: Another City Burned
5. Joshua and the Missing Conquest Evidence
6. The Forgotten Story of the Conquest
7. Nine Cities Destroyed in the Conquest
8. Shechem: A Center of Biblical History
9. Conquest Summary
A PATTERN AMONG THE RAGS AND TATTERS
1. A Collection of Time
2. A Collection of Rags and Tatters
3. Questioning Egypt’s Timeline
4. Shifting Egypt’s Timeline
5. Six-Step Summary and Timeline
HOW DID THE PROBLEM GET STARTED?
1. A Curious Problem
2. The Early Days of Egyptology
3. The Origins of Egypt’s Timeline
4. Taking a Closer Look
5. Reevaluating a Basic Assumption
BONUS CHAPTER A: A Conversation with David Rohl
BONUS CHAPTER B: A Conversation with James Hoffmeier
BONUS CHAPTER C: How Many Israelites in Egypt?
BONUS CHAPTER D: Four Hundred Years of Slavery?
BONUS CHAPTER E: The Conquest Debate