One Book One Authority
2,000 Years of Church and Bible History
by Dr. Douglas Stauffer
Many excellent books have been written in the Bible’s defense, but not until One Book One Authority has there been such a thorough and factual compilation in support of the most contested Bible of our day. This book is written in a functional and practical format that will benefit every reader immensely, from the Bible novice to the seasoned preacher. The academic world, which demands a scholarly treatment of the subject, will be pleasantly surprised by its literary content. Very few writings cover this controversial issue in such a fair, rational and loving manner and none more objectively than One Book One Authority.
In this companion volume to One Book Stands Alone, a previous work, the sincere Bible student can acquire a working knowledge of contemporary challenges directed at the most revered book in human history. In spite of the myriad of Modern Bible versions and loose and careless translations of the Word of God, readers will gain an extraordinary confidence to support the use of the King James Bible. Along with building a spiritual storehouse of reinforcements for spiritual consultation, the reader will find greater insights into the history of God’s Word, God’s people and their mutual adversaries.
One Book One Authority, much like its predecessor, is not a book that you will read once and relagate to the shelf to collect dust. If you are committed to loving and living in God’s Word you will want to keep its many resources easily accessible. Use it for many areas of study.
It will help you understand the embattled history for the English translation of the Bible, a story most Christians don’t understand.
It will identify the Bible’s internal proofs, supporting a supernatural Bible.
It will solidify your understanding of God’s promises of inspiration and preservation.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Introduction: Last Days Spiritual Battleground
- Preface: By Sovereign Design
- Man’s Soul Authority
- New Kid on the Block at the 400th Anniversary
- A Gender-Neutral Agenda: The NIV 2011
- Word of God Versus Word of Men
- Word of Men Condemned
- Limiting God
- Vain Worship: The Four Step Process
- 325 Expressions Quoted From the King James Bible
- 325 Sayings Linked to the King James Bible
- Modern Version Vocabulary Words
- The ESV’s Calvinistic Agenda
- The ESV: Corrupt Seed Results in Corrupt Fruit
- The ESV’s Substitute Savior
- Salvation: The ESV’s Damnable Heresy
- Salvation: The ESV’s Corrupting Influence
- Archaic Language Defined
- Antiquated Language of the Modern Versions
- Abridged KJB Dictionary (A-G)
- Abridged KJB Dictionary (H-Z)
- Those Troublesome Thee’s and Thou’s.
- A Tale of Three Cities: Where the Bible Versions Began
- By the Grace of God, King of England
- Two Centuries of English Bible Perversions
- Nineteenth (19th) Century English Versions
- Twentieth Century (20th) English Versions
- Twenty-first Century (21st) English Versions
- Insight Into Inspiration
- Inspiration Without Preservation: Pointless
- Translator Biographies: Part 1
- Translator Biographies: Part 2
- The Written Word and the Word Incarnate (Part 1)
- The Written Word and the Word Incarnate (Part 2)
- The Written Word and the Word Incarnate (Part 3)
- The Written Word and the Word Incarnate (Part 4)
- The Written Word and the Word Incarnate (Part 5)
- Lineage of Blessing-Root of Apostasy
- Scholarship, Onlyism and Their Schoolboy Greek
- The Bible’s Simplified Family Tree
- Satan’s Line of Manuscripts
- Roadmap to Rome: The First 20 Steps
- Roadmap to Rome: The Final Journey (Steps 21-45)
- Chronological History: Introduction
- Chronological History: 1st to 6th Century
- Chronological History: 7th to 12th Century
- Chronological History: 13th to 17th Century
- Chronological History: 18th to 21st Century
- Revival of Faith: A Personal Testimony I
- Falling on Deaf Ears: A Personal Testimony II
- The Genesis Story I: The Chinese Connection
- The Genesis Story II: The Chinese Characters
- The Genesis Story III: The Chinese Choice
Appendix 1: 14 Rules For the Translators
Appendix 2: Who is Rupert Murdoch?
Appendix 3: National Geographic Jouralism?
Appendix 4: Time To Retire the King James?
Appendix 5: 1602 Spanish Bible
Appendix 6: 1534 Luther’s German Bible
Appendix 7: Grammar Lesson Pronouns
Appendix 8: Scripture Index
Appendix 9: Modern Version Scripture Index
Appendix 10: Word Index
Appendix 11: Bibliography