Living on Borrowed Time: The Imminent Return of Jesus
by David Reagan
- Can we know the date when Jesus will return?
- Can we know the season of His return?
- What are the key biblical signs of His return?
- What signs if any have already been fulfilled?
- Are there any signs that are unique to our day and time?
- What is the most convincing sign of the Lord’s soon return?
Dr. Reagan answers all these questions and many more concerning the signs of the times that point to the soon return of Jesus. A unique feature of the book is a prophecy forum composed of 22 Bible prophecy experts who reply to 11 questions concerning the biblical signs of the times that are supposed to signal the imminent return of Jesus.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART 1 – Scriptural Principles
Chapter 1 – The Promise to Return – Believing in a Rock Solid Guarantee
Chapter 2 – The Challenge to the Return – Denying that Jesus will ever return to this earth
Chapter 3 – The Timing of the Return – Recognizing the Season
Chapter 4 – The Signs of the Return – Looking for indicators
Chapter 5 – The Future is Now – Living in the end of the end times
PART 2 – A Prophetic Forum
Chapter 6 – Questions Concerning the Signs – Discussing Key Issues
- Do you believe we are living in the season of the Lord’s return, and if so why?
- What do you consider to be the single most important signs of the times, and why?
- What do you consider to be the second most important sign, and why?
- How do you interpret Matthew 24:32-35
- How do you interpret Daniel 12:4?
- How do you interpret Daniel 12:8-9?
- Do you believe God is speaking today through signs of nature?
- What do you consider to be the most important technological development from an end time viewpoint?
- Do you believe the development of the European Union is a fulfillment of end-time prophecy?
- Do you believe there are signs of the times that are unique to our day?
- The Bible speaks of spiritual signs of the end-times, both positive and negative. Which do you consider to be the most important and why?
PART 3 – The Key Signs
Chapter 7 – The Re-establishment of Israel – Witnessing the cornerstone miracle.
Chapter 8 – The Revival of the Roman Empire – Experiencing the fulfillment of Daniel’s prophecy.
Chapter 9 – The proliferation of Cults – Recognizing False Christ’s.
Chapter 10 – The Convulsion of Nature – The message of natural disasters
Chapter 11 – The Growth of Apostasy – Watching the Church abandon the Faith
Chapter 12- The Outpouring of the Holy Spirit – Reaching the world for Christ
Chapter 13 – The Impact of Change – Understanding baffling prophecies through historical and technological developments
Chapter 14 – The Accelerator Principle – Living in the age of birth pangs
Chapter 15 – The Decay of Society – Watching the restoration of Noah’s day
PART 4 – Challenges to the Church and Christians
Chapter 16 – A Church Asleep – Challenging the Church to get serious about the Lord’s return
Chapter 17 – Apathetic Christians – Challenging believers to yearn for the Lord’s soon return
PART 5 – The Question of Timing
Chapter 18 – The Return of Jesus