Heaven and Hell: A Biblical Guide
by Dr. Robert Lightner
Heaven and Hell is a simple and concise Biblical guide to the eternal condition of the soul. Written by noted theologian, Dr. Robert P. Lightner, the book gives definitions and descriptions of both Heaven and Hell, and talks about who goes where. But the book also wrestles with the ever-important questions of those who have never heard, and even those who have heard, but due to age or mental capacity do not have the ability to believe. The book also tackles the troubling question of what happens to those who commit suicide.
Concerning Hell, the book looks at both the Old Testament and the New Testament presentations of eternal damnation, and also explains three judgments by God.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What about Heaven and the Heavens?
- Who Will Go to Heaven?
- Who Cannot Go to Heaven?
- What About Those Who Cannot Believe?
- What Will Heaven Be Like?
- Some Biblical Descriptions of Heaven
- The Believers Blessed Hope
- Some Views of Hell Among Bible Believers
- Hell in the Old Testament
- Hell in the New Testament
WHAT ABOUT SUICIDE?
WHAT ABOUT GOD’S FUTURE JUDGMENTS?
- The Judgment Seat of Christ
- The Great White Throne Judgment
- The Judgment of Satan and Wicked Angels
WHERE WILL YOU SPEND ETERNITY?
- God’s Plan of Salvation
- The Holy Spirit’s Role in Salvation
- The Human Condition of Salvation
WHAT HAVE WE DISCOVERED?