The Fallen Angels and the Heroes of Mythology
“The Sons of God” & “The Mighty Men” of the Sixth Chapter of the First Book of Moses
Published in 1879 by Rev. John Fleming
From the Timeless Classic Collection
In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth.
Soon thereafter, however, the harmonious communion that God intended for mankind to live within was interrupted by a sinister intervention from the enemy. As days turned into years, this ancient agenda of corruption continued to intertwine even more deeply with the human story … affecting the very makeup of mankind.
“And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the Earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose …”
Who were these sons of God,” and “daughters of men?” This and many parallel questions are what author Rev. John Fleming researched and addressed nearly a century and a half ago in this thorough, antiquarian work. Finally, this extensive work is available to the main-stream collector, who may again access these ancient writings gaining the ability to:
- Understand what Scripture is really telling us about the genetic trend taking place in Genesis 6 when it says, “And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh; yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
- Explore who the “Sons of God” and the “Daughters of men” really were according to the ancient writings that trace these key phrases back to their original Greek and Hebrew translation.
- Compare popular theories using Fleming’s concise, thorough review of many differing concepts and interpretations of these Scriptures as construed through Greek mythology, Mendelssohn’s View, the Jewish or Filii Magnatum Interpretation, the Sethite Interpretation, and the Angel Interpretation.
- Learn who the Nephilim, the Gibborim, and the Rephaim really were, and what their roles in the Antidiluvian world were.
- Discover the true identity of the race described in Scripture when it speaks of “giants in the Earth in those days; and also after that, when the Sons of God came in unto the daughters of men and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”
- Uncover the real reason God chose to destroy all mankind, save only a few key people, in a world-wide catastrophic flood—the Flood of Noah.
Rev. John Fleming’s commendable and exhaustive research includes writings from such expert scholars of olden times as Kurtz, Keil, Kitto, Maitland, Delitzsch, Nagelsbach, Leipzig, Richers, Hofmann, Engelhardt, Bryant and many others.
$24.95 (Save $5.00)